Re: Supressing Plot Output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16507] Re: Supressing Plot Output
  • From: dreiss at !SPAMscientificarts.com (David Reiss)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:59:53 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7c59gj$7n3 at smc.vnet.net>, Benjamin Rahn
<brahn at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> How can I overlay plots and graphics primitives _without_ displaying the
> individual plots first?
>
> For example, I have a function that creates a plot of a spiral based
> on three points in the plane:
>
> Spiral[A_,B_,C_]:=Module[ ...
>         ...;
>         ParametricPlot[...] ];
>
> The function Spiral[] immediately generates the spiral, so the
> command
>
> Show[Spiral[P,Q,R],Graphics[Line[{P,Q,R,P}]]];
>
> gives two outputs: an image of the spiral by itself, and an image of the
> spiral with the overlaid triangle.  How can I restrict the output to the
> second image?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Ben

Set the option DisplayFunction->Identity in the
plotting command in qusestion (ParametricPlot in
the case above).  Then use DisplayFunction->$DisplayFunction
as an option to the Show command.

--David

Scientific Arts:
Creative Services and Consultation
for the Applied and Pure Sciences

  http://www.scientificarts.com

David Reiss
Email: dreiss at !SPAMscientificarts.com

Remove the !SPAM to send email