Integration using "shortcut keys"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16591] Integration using "shortcut keys"
  • From: Jay <j1357 at ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 23:55:02 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

When possible I like to use the alias, or exampe
escape int escape
displays the integral sign so you input looks like math symbols rather
than mathematica speak. I found that I can calculate indefinite
integrals but not definite integrals using this technique. Mathematica
will allow the input for the integration limits but it doesn't evaluate
the integral. Any ideas, besides just doing it the old fashioned way.
Integrate[x^2,{x,0,4}]
                          Jay