Table format.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16647] Table format.
  • From: "Alan W.Hopper" <awhopper at hermes.net.au>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:54:01 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Greetings to all,

I have a question regarding table formatting.

Is it possible to modify the output of  TableForm  so as to
get two or more adjacent columns of very long integers
compressed into blocks?  As opposed to the normal (with me
at least) output where separate columns of long numbers
are stretched out horizontally, beyond the 'page width'.
This is not suitable for printing and it is annoying to have
to scroll to see the output.

What I am seeking is something like
this ;

             Column 1                             Column 2

       25 to 500 digit number                   As for col.1
  displayed in rows of 25 digits

I would prefer some code to program the TableForm output, rather
than having to alter OptionInspecter settings (if that is at all
applicable in this, anyway).

I am using version 3.0 on a Macintosh.

Help on this problem would be greatly appreciated,

Alan W.Hopper
Katoomba, Australia.

awhopper at hermes.net.au