Re: Precision graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16631] Re: Precision graphics
  • From: "Mark Evans" <evansNOSPAM at gte.net>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:53:53 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>For example, suppose I have a long  "PlotLabel" with
>a long "AxesLabel" (on the vertical axis) then this
>can cause these labels to be superimposed on each
>other -- not very nice to look at.
>Also, the length of the AxesLabel can effect the size of
>the data plot display region; i.e. the larger the vertical axis
>label the smaller the actual data plot.
>Often one would like to align vertically several plots
>and this can be quite tedious when sizes of the
>plots are changed automatically.

Speaking for myself I have dropped suggestions in the WRI box on both
counts.

(a) Horizontal tick labels that print vertically upwards to avoid
overlapping text.

(b) Menu-based graphics alignment command that uses the actual graphics
frame rectangle (plot area) instead of the overall plot size (which includes
text labels) to align graphics.

No word back on any of this.

Mark

--