Installation problem with RedHat 5.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16677] Installation problem with RedHat 5.2
  • From: "Mahalal'el Ahiyah" <lonnell at man-97-129.reshall.berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 02:08:55 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

Does anyone know of problems installing Mathematica 3.0 using RedHat
Linux 5.2? It seems that under RedHat  5.2 I can't get any of the
installation shell scripts to run. The MathInstaller script says:

    "bash: ./MathInstaller: Permission  denied",

but I'm su'd as root, and MathInstaller has "-r-xr-xr-x" permissions
set. Thanks.

Lonnell Peters