Lost the Tab

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16738] Lost the Tab
  • From: hanssen at zeiss.de
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 02:23:51 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, MathGroup,

In some notebooks, I encounter a strange behaviour: When I hit the Tab-key, nothing happens,
the Tab key is not honoured. Looking at spaces in the same notebook, it seems, that there are
nowhere tabs in this notebook. I do not know, when I switched this on (probably by inandvertently
changing one of the many possibilities in Format / OptionInspector).

The same notebook also has another odd thing: after a cell is executed, the whole cell-text is
indented a little bit more than the length of the In[xx]-prompt. If one tries to edit the cell after this,
with the first keystroke, the cell is outdented again. It seems, as if the lost Tab and this side jumping
cells are controlled by the same "gene" - but which one?

kind regards

Dipl.-Math. Adelbert Hanszen