Re: controlling the size of tick marks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16833] Re: controlling the size of tick marks
  • From: Mark Vaughn <mwv3776 at chenext1.tamu.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 02:35:28 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm satisfied with the default placement of tickmarks, what I want to do is to
automatically make them e.g. twice as long.  Yea,  I could use FullOptions and
get the tickmark list, apply a homebrew function or two in order to double their
length, then rename the list and use it as new tick definition. However, this
doesn't seem much better than what I do now: use the scaling command in Adobe
Illutstrator on the saved .eps file.

If I could apply a tick function direcly  in the options list, I would be much
happier. I do not think the default size publishes well.