Active Table??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17313] Active Table??
  • From: Jason Gill <jgill at vbimail.champlain.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 23:22:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make an "Active Table?"  What I
mean is, suppose I have a nice table of variables variable[[i,j]],
displayed in say a Grid Box.  Is it possible to make this table active
in the sense that the values may be edited in place and doing so changes
the actual definition of variable?  It seems as though palettes might be
headed in the right direction, but I don't quite see how.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,
Jason