SQL Utility

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17307] SQL Utility
  • From: alanw at my-dejanews.com
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 23:22:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

G'day All,
    I wrote a MathLink program for accessing ODBC databases, since I couldn't
find one to download. Did I miss finding one on another site? Is there any
interest from others in this program?  If so, I would be happy to post it
somewhere. Sample output, using an Informix DB, is:

    handle=SQLOpen["Test","user-id","password"];
    rc=SQLSelect[handle,
        "Select apt_code, apt_name from airport where city_code='NYC'"];
    data=SQLFetch[handle];

    {"FLU","Flushing"}

  I know this won't work on Unix/Mac/etc, but it would not be hard to write a
program to do the same thing, with an identical syntax in Mathematica.

Thanks,
Alan.