Re: Problem -- perhaps memory -- with Table[ FindMinimum[] ]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17451] Re: [mg17308] Problem -- perhaps memory -- with Table[ FindMinimum[] ]
  • From: "Mark E. Harder" <harderm at ucs.orst.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 04:43:54 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David,
    The sort of behaviour you describe is what I encounter when either I'm
asking for too much memory, or I have created an infinite loop of some sort.
Are you sure that Table[] is not defining some symbol in terms of itself
somehow?  Try using Do[] to run the loop instead of Table[]; does that help?
Maybe that will help you diagnose the problem.
Mark