Math Link question about String transfer

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17482] Math Link question about String transfer
  • From: "Barthelet, Luc" <lucb at ea.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 01:44:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

How do I declare a function in the .tm file so that mprep will read my
string argument using MLGetByteString instead of MLGetString? I am
transfering a bitmap using a string since it is so much faster.
Maybe MLGetString is ok, but I need to do something to make sure my string
does not get transformed in a bunch of "/123/432/020...".

Maybe there is another around this altogether. Of course I am trying to
avoid going Manual, which has been my solution so far.

thanks.

Luc Barthelet
General Manager
Maxis