MathLink examples

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17532] MathLink examples
  • From: Roger Mason <rmason at sparky2.esd.mun.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 01:13:06 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have just transferred from W95 to Linux and am having some trouble
compiling & running the MathLink examples.

Following the instructions in the documentation, I attempted to create
an executable from addtwo.c using "make" and the Makefile in the
examples directory. The error returned is "undefined reference to
MLMain". I presume that the compiler cannot find mathlink.h or libML.a,
but the paths in the Makefile are correct.

I then attempted to create the executable using mcc. An executable is
indeed created but will not install, the error message informs me that
the link is dead.

The pre-built examples work fine, so obviously the problem is with my
lack of experience using gcc & Linux.

Any help to get me going will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger Mason