Re: Insertion Point Bug

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17567] Re: [mg17545] Insertion Point Bug
  • From: "Tom De Vries" <tdevries at shop.westworld.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 02:14:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Adam,

If you are using system 8.5 on a Mac, this is a problem that Wolfram is
working on.  It seems to be a sporadic problem that surfaces at random
intervals.  I have the same trouble but it can happen all the time, and then
not happen at all for a long time.

If you are running system 8 of some variety less than 8.5, there is a fix.

The page at Wolfram's site has help

http://www.wolfram.com/support/Systems/Macintosh/FE/AppearancePatch.html

If any other users with Macs and system 8.5 have ideas, I too would like to
hear them.  Most of the time I can type fine, but when I can't, it sure is a
pain!!

Tom De Vries