Re: Help! How to make the fonts in the help larger?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17559] Re: Help! How to make the fonts in the help larger?
  • From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 02:14:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7hgbc7$441 at smc.vnet.net>, Hamster Chen writes:

> I can't find the options nowhere.....Would you please kindly infom me where
> to change the font size? Thanks in advance.

What fonts are you talking about -- the ones used to provide labels on
the radio buttons and scroll panes or the text in the body of the window?

The size of the fonts used in the labels and scroll panes is hard-coded
under Macintosh and Windows.  Under X Window, it is possible to specify
the font sizes using X resources.

For the text used in the body of the online help, the size of the fonts
is set within the style sheet HelpBrowser.nb  Style sheets contain
prototype cells with options that will be inherited by cells that use
the given style.  Since there are a large number of styles used in
by the Help Browser, you may want to refrain from this changing the
size of the fonts explicitly.  An alternative is to add a Magnification
option to the Notebook prototype in HelpBrowser.nb that sets the option
value to something greater than 1 (100 percent).  This option will then
be applied to all cells in the online help.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.			http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/