RE: Re: Insertion Point Bug

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17620] RE: [mg17567] Re: [mg17545] Insertion Point Bug
  • From: "ELLIS, Luci" <EllisL at rba.gov.au>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 02:45:21 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
There are two separate issues with Mathematica 3.0 and the Mac OS.
Firstly, the "cursor displacement" problem.  This relates to the Appearance
manager and is fixed by the Appearance path on Wolfram's web site. Also, I
think it only applies to OS 8.0 or 8.1 and is fixed in 8.5 and up.

Secondly, the "all my fonts disappear completely" problem under OS 8.5 (it
requires a restart to get out of this, which is tricky when you can't see
the text of your menus!). I wasn't able to isolate the problem completely,
but it seemed to be worse if you had turned on font anti-aliasing and / or
had installed ATM. I haven't had this problem since I downloaded the latest
versions of the Mathematica fonts from the Wolfram web site.  The trick is
you have to install the fonts both in the Fonts folder in the System folder,
AND in the fonts folder in the Mathematica folder.

Hope this helps,

Luci Ellis
My opinions are not those of the RBA