Journals about Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17662] Journals about Mathematica
  • From: David Fowler <dfowler at unlserve.unl.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 03:37:44 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Not wanting to get into a debate about the merits of the two =
journals--Mathematica in Education and Research [MiER] versus The =
Mathematica Journal [TMJ]--both of which are alive and well,
but,
as Editor-in-Chief of MiER, I wish to point out that most of the =
"educators" who read or write for our journal are also physicists, =
mathematicians, engineers, and other users of technical software. They =
often teach university courses in their subjects, and are "educators" in =
that sense. I think some people have the mistaken impression that we =
concentrate on "Mathematica in educational research," which is not the =
case.
David Fowler