Problems running mathematica v2.2 under Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17655] Problems running mathematica v2.2 under Linux
  • From: Volker Lauer <volker.lauer at gmx.net>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 03:37:40 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi!

I hope someone cold help me. I tried to install mathematica v2.2 under
Linux. I have a SUSE 6.0 - distribution with 2.0.36 kernel.
Unfortunately starting mathematica under X11, an error box appears with
the message "... important resources not found." I dont know, what to do
- or to change. Especially, the command "math" at console works fine.

hope, sb. could help me,

thanks, Volker.