Re: PDF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17666] Re: PDF
  • From: king at dircon.co.uk (Nigel King)
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 23:58:52 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This is not an answer to PDF but does give an idea of CDF of some data.
The finction below takes the list of data, sorts it, Scales the list from 0

to 1 and Plots CDF on the y-axis and the values on the x axis. One would
imagine a PDF is the differential of the CDF but with real data this can
get quite bumpy.

ListPlotCDF[t_List,opts___]:=
  Module[{l},l=Length[t];
    ListPlot[Transpose[{Sort[t],Range[1/(2l),1,1/l]}],opts]]

In article <7i375o$bi0 at smc.vnet.net>,
handel at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de (Christoph) wrote:

>   howdy,
>
>i have a signal, for exampel a Sinus (or a list a values). Now I want
>to make a PDF of it. I can't figure out, how to do it. Any hints?
>
>Christoph
>
>PS: please also mail me.

Nigel King - Radio Systems Consultant, KingComm Ltd
email:  king at dircon.co.uk
web: http://www.king.dircon.co.uk/
tel:  +44 1364 642454 office
tel:  +44 1364 642265 home