RasterArray doesn't work

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20638] RasterArray doesn't work
  • From: tdelling at ews.uiuc.edu (Tim Dellinger)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 02:13:44 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

  When I try to show a RasterArray that is, for instance, 2 by 50,
this nice "beep" happens, and asking Why The Beep? gives the
answer "There was an error in the PostScript code of the last
PostScript cell displayed".  Needless to say, there's no picture.

 I little monkeying around, and I figured out that RasterArray works
for a 4 by 10 matrix, but not a 3 by 10.  Oddly enough, a 10 by 3 works,
as does a 30 by 100.

In[65]:=
$Version

Out[65]=
"Solaris 3.0 (August 21, 1997)"

Similar problems on HP machines.
No such problems on Windows 95 machines.

Why is RasterArray broken?
Is there a workaround?

--
Tim Dellinger                                www.ews.uiuc.edu/~tdelling