Erasing a Plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20665] Erasing a Plot?
  • From: siegman at stanford.edu (AES)
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 02:10:03 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'd like to have a program draw a plot; compute for a while; erase the old
plot and draw a new one in the same screen space; and loop indefinitely in
this fashion (kind of a slowed-down version of animating graphics)

Can anyone give me a template for doing this? (especially the "erasing" part)

Notes:

*  The plot can be a cell in the notebook doing the computing or (maybe
better) be plotted in a separate window.

*  Obviously I may also save the plot to a file before erasing it.

*  I'd like to recover the memory from each plot, or at least not have the
program memory fill up if I compute a large number of plots this way.

Email cc of any replies to siegman at stanford.edu appreciated.