Re: Re: hexagon tiled torus

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20723] Re: [mg20705] Re: hexagon tiled torus
  • From: Russell Towle <rustybel at foothill.net>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 00:17:40 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>---- Martin's Code Deleted ----
>
>: There are several problems of this solution, but it might be good
>: enough in your case.
>

>Here is another solution.  The idea is very similar to Martin's,
>but the implementation is a bit different.  I'm not sure what the
>problems that Martin refers to are, but I suspect one problem

Neither the hexagons from Martin's method nor those from Mark's version are
plane hexagons. It seems that Mathematica employs some optimizations in
Graphics3D which will cause a non-plane polygon to appear as though it were
actually plane.

I would be very interested in a method which would tile the torus with
plane hexagons, or with any combination of higher polygons, say, hexagons,
squares, and decagons.

Russell Towle
Box 141
Dutch Flat, CA 95714