Spell Checking in Version 4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20853] [mg20853] Spell Checking in Version 4
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:41:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,

When you do normal spell checking in Version 4, Mathematica checks your whole
notebook. But often you just want to check a single word in a text cell. There is a
way, more or less, to do this. Just use Ctrl-K  to complete the selection. In an
Input Cell, Ctrl-K gives a list of defined function names. But when you are in a Text
Cell, Ctrl-K gives a list of near matches to the word from the dictionary. This
doesn't always generate the word you want, but it often does.

I couldn't find this in the documentation. I stumbled upon it by accident.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/