Re: Commas in comments

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20821] Re: Commas in comments
  • From: "DIAMOND Mark" <noname at noname.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:40:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David Bailey wrote in message <80r03v$l2p at smc.vnet.net>...
>Text cells will look much nicer and cannot get mixed up with your code. I
>only use (* ..  *) to comment out bits of code or if I really want to
>comment something in the middle of a large block of code.

I agree that text looks nicer, but it cannot be used to comment a large
module. I too find the line breaks after commas annoying and avoid their use
in (* *) style comments. Taking a hint from Luci Ellis, I also reformat the
colour of the (* *) style comments so that they appear in 50% grey, making
them easier to distinguish from the code.