Re: Saving in EPS Format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20831] Re: Saving in EPS Format
  • From: paulh at monon.wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:40:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <80qv8i$kua at smc.vnet.net>, Brien Alkire <brien at ee.ucla.edu> writes:

>I'm new to Mathematica.  I generated a plot that I'd like to save as an
>EPS file and import into my LaTeX document.  I click the plot and choose
>"Edit\Save Selection As\EPS".  When I try to view the resulting eps file
>it appears blank (both in Ghost View and in my DVI file).  Bitmap
>appears to work but I need an EPS file.  Any ideas what's wrong?

Check the version of Mathematica you are running using the Help ->
About Mathematica... menu command.  Early releases of Mathematica
3.0 (3.0.0.x) generated incorrect bounding boxes that would appear
as empty graphics when rendered.  There is an FAQ on this topic
available at this URL:

http://support.wolfram.com/Graphics/Formats/EPS/FrontEndFix.html

it instructs you how to fix the problem, should be the cause.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.