Re: Mathematica programming language

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20138] Re: [mg20083] Mathematica programming language
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 03:05:01 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Shige,

I would suggest that you definitely work through Part I, A Practical Introduction to
Mathematica, in the Mathematica Book and also read Stephen Wolfram's "Suggestions
about Learning Mathematica" in the front of the book. Mathematica is really a
paradigm of its own and you just have to plunge in.

A good book on programming is Roman Maeder's "Programming in Mathematica, Third
Edition". Heikki Ruskeepaa's "Mathematica Navigator" is also quite good in showing
how to use graphics and deal with numerical analysis of data sets with many many
examples.

If you run into a specific problem that you are really stuck on, post it to
MathGroup. You will almost certainly get help.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/