Re: Mathematica 4.0.1 Front End crashes my Mac

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20159] Re: Mathematica 4.0.1 Front End crashes my Mac
  • From: "Gary L. Gray" <gray at engr.psu.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 03:05:13 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7ssge2$bm2 at smc.vnet.net>, Andrew Cunningham
<andrewc at vasci.com> wrote:

> I'm running a stable OS 8.6 system. After starting and then quitting the
> Front-End (4.0.1), my Mac will crash as soon as I click on any menu bar
> ( say, of the finder). MacsBug shows I am in _InitProcMenu. This is 100%
> reproducible and I don't even have to do anything in the front end -
> just start and quit. I then have to reboot my Mac. Interestingly every
> app crashes during the reboot process. No other app causes problems like
> this.
> Has anyone else seen something similar?
>
> Andrew Cunningham
> Vibro-Acoustic Sciences
> andrewc at vasci.com

Do you have a Palm PDA and do you have the Palm Desktop installed? I had
a similar problem when I first installed 4. Removing the "Instant Palm
Desktop" extension solved the problem. I confirmed with Wolfram that
this is a known problem.

Good luck,

--
Gary L. Gray                    Engineering Science & Mechanics
Assistant Professor                       Penn State University