Re: Importing 16-bit TIFF files with 4.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20232] Re: Importing 16-bit TIFF files with 4.0
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:30:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Beth,

I had no try the 16 bit TIFF support of Mathematica.
But I assume it is not implemented. I can offer you
only my PNG bitmap package that *has* the feature to
import and export 16 bit PNG images. So if your original
program can write 16 bit PNG you  should donnload the
MathPNG package from

http://www.mpae.gwdg.de/~kuska/mcpng.html

and transform the PNGBitmap[] object to a normal matrix.

Hope that helps
  Jens