Re: Importing 16-bit TIFF files with 4.0

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg20232] Re: Importing 16-bit TIFF files with 4.0
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:30:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi Beth,

I had no try the 16 bit TIFF support of Mathematica.
But I assume it is not implemented. I can offer you
only my PNG bitmap package that *has* the feature to
import and export 16 bit PNG images. So if your original
program can write 16 bit PNG you  should donnload the
MathPNG package from

and transform the PNGBitmap[] object to a normal matrix.

Hope that helps