Vector plot in cylindrical coordinates.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20272] Vector plot in cylindrical coordinates.
- From: iioannou at u.washington.edu (I. Ioannou)
- Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 01:27:29 -0400
- Organization: University of Washington, Seattle
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to plot a vector field in cylindrical coordinates. While all the
packages are there, I don't seem to be able to do this. Would anybody know
the specific instructions?
I should add that this is a 2d vector field. Such fields are x-y
plottable with PlotVectorField (or something like that). When I try to
change coordinate systems with the VectorAnalysis package (again the name
might be slightly different; I'm not in the office) I don't get the
plotting package to recognize the new coordinates.
I guess, a solution along these lines or in a somehow different way (e.g.
plotting streamlines) would work.
Thanks for your help, John
Ioannis I Ioannou phone: (206)-543-1372
g-2 group, Atomic Physics fax: (206)-685-0635
Department of Physics
University of Washington e-mail: iioannou at u.washington.edu
Prev by Date:
Re: Re: Inverting a non-square matrix
Next by Date:
Re: Finding lengths of identical sequences in lists
Previous by thread:
Re: Tough Integral
Next by thread:
Re: Vector plot in cylindrical coordinates.