  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20320] Solving trig equations - Tan[x] = Sqrt[3]
  • From: James MacDonald <trill at netbook.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 20:20:46 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm using Mathematica v3, and want to solve an equation of the form:

Tan[x] == Sqrt[3]

.. for values of x, in degrees, between 0 and 360. I think that I can pull
out 60, but I'd also like to be able to get 240, and can't seem to do it.

Is there an argument to Solve (or an alternative function/package) that will
allow me to specify the range of roots that I'd like to find?

--
James MacDonald; Acorn/NeXT/Ally McBeal

We are John Cage of Borg. Assimilation troubles us; we have to take a moment.
Poughkeepsie.