Re: what is Global`Class?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20358] Re: [mg20354] what is Global`Class?
  • From: "Andrzej Kozlowski" <andrzej at tuins.ac.jp>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 02:45:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There is no global Class symbol. Roman Maeder's Classes.m package
originally appeared in the Mathematica Journal. An updated version of this
package was included with R. Maeder's book "Mathematica Programmer II" and
also with the second edition of John W. Gray's "Mastering Mathematica". Both
of these books are based on version 3 of Mathematica.  However, I believe
that this particular package did not actually need any updating from version
2. I believe that the version on MathSource is exactly the same.

I have tried this package just a few minutes ago and it seems to work (with
Mathematica 4) without apparent problems. There are no warning messages and
no name clashes.

I believe that your problem is probably caused by incorrect way of loading
the package. Try it again in  a fresh Mathematica session. Did you use Needs
or Get (<<)? How exactly did you do it?