entering stuff using escape

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg20408] entering stuff using escape
  • From: psalzman at
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 00:32:58 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

dear all,

i've been really getting into entering stuff using the escape key.  i've
found that esc-a-esc give an alpha, for instance.

i can enter all the greek letters, hbar, I and some other things.

i'd like to use this for EVERYTHING, since it's faster than using a palette.

how can i find a list of all the escape key sequences (like for the fraction
bar and exponentiate palette key?)

"I could give two f*cks less than half a rats ass."                  _
     -- Bowie J. Poag <jfk at>, on Lynx, MIME, and          ._.
        cross-browser compatibility.                                /v\   psalzman at   // \
         Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.               /(   )\
  The best way to accelerate a win95 system is at 9.81 m/s^2       rules