Preventing NotebookWrite From Wrapping

In Mathematica 3.0 how would I write text and the value of a parameter
to a notebook such that both end up on the same line ?

What I would like written to the notebook is for example

Min Residual = .0522

I tried
NotebookWrite[nb,{"Min Residual=",minresidual}]

where nb=NotebookCreate[] and minresidual is the desired value.

The problem is that minresidual wraps to the next line, like so

Min Residual=
.0522

Is there a way to prevent this wrapping ?

Thanks

Steve