Re: Text entry - is there an easy way?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20469] Re: Text entry - is there an easy way?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:04:41 -0400
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi John, in your $TopDirectory/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/TextResources folder is a file called UnicodeCharacters.tr In this file you find all characters used by Mathematica. A typical row look like 0xyyyy \[FullName] ( aliasListForTeXAndSMGL ) CharacterType You can look for the alias for the defined characters and you may modify the alias list to add characters with out an alias. Hope that helps Jens "J.R. Chaffer" wrote: > > Hi, I'm new to Mathematica. I am using Version 4.0, Student > edition. > > I'm thinking there must be a keyboard shortcut to enter text. > I have figured out how to alter preferences (or something) > and have the toolbar displayed whenever a notebook is > opened. But whenever I want to insert a text cell, I have > to grab the mouse, point to the dropdown edit box in the > toolbar, and specifically select text. > > Is there not a keyboard shortcut to designate the next > entry as text? > > I've looked in Help, with no luck, so far. > > Thanks. > > John Chaffer > jrchaff at nwlink.com