Re: Configuring MiKTeX 1.20d to read Mathematica 4 TeX files
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20494] Re: Configuring MiKTeX 1.20d to read Mathematica 4 TeX files
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:04:56 -0400
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 25 Oct 1999, Robert wrote: > Hello. I followed exactly the directions given in > > http://support.wolfram.com/FrontEnds/Export/TeX/MikTeX.html > > to configure MiKTeX 1.20d to read Mathematica generated TeX > files but with no luck. I ran the command > > latex msymdoc.tex > dvips -o msymdoc.ps msymdoc.dvi > > but the PS file generated was blank when I viewed it under GSView. > > Did anyone encounter similar problems? What is the solution? Try invoking dvips with the flag "-j0". dvips -j0 -o msymdoc.ps msymdoc.dvi We've found instances DVIPS failing to subset the Math fonts in the resulting PostScript document. Throwing the additional flag turns off subsetting and embeds the complete font. It results in a bigger PostScript file, but it should make the problem go away. If you continue to encounter problems, or if I have somehow misunderstood your question, please repost with a log of the error messages that you encounter as DVIPS runs. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.