Re: Q about using Round.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20559] Re: Q about using Round.
- From: d8442803 at student.nsysu.edu.tw (Wen-Feng Hsiao)
- Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 00:14:07 -0400
- Organization: MIS
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
OK! I am sorry. My post is not readable.
About my question, Lichtblau has kindly answered it for me. It is because
the Map procedure will map the function to all parts of an expression.
Thus, after mapping, the Sqrt[Pi] would be equal to Round[Pi]^Round[1/2]
=> 3^0 =1.
In article <7v3clp$607 at smc.vnet.net>, d8442803 at student.nsysu.edu.tw
> The following procedures are an example of 'Round' in the Mathematica
> help. It is strange that the round of square-root of pi is 1. It is
> supposed to be 2. Why?
> NumericRound[x_] := MapAll[If[NumericQ[#], Round[#], #] &, x]
> NumericRound[Sqrt[Pi] + (E + a) x + (4.3 - 8.6i )x^3] // InputForm
> 1 + (3 + a)*x + (4 - 9*i)*x^3
> (* When changing it into the following , I obtain the desired result.
> Why? *)
Prev by Date:
Re: Why doesn't this work?
Next by Date:
Postscript output from 3D-graphics problem
Previous by thread:
Q about using Round.
Next by thread:
drawing tilted ellipses?