Re: entering stuff using escape
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20541] Re: entering stuff using escape
- From: paul <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 00:13:57 -0400
- Organization: University of Western Australia
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
psalzman at landau.ucdavis.edu wrote:
> i've been really getting into entering stuff using the escape key. i've
> found that esc-a-esc give an alpha, for instance.
> i can enter all the greek letters, hbar, I and some other things.
> i'd like to use this for EVERYTHING, since it's faster than using a palette.
> how can i find a list of all the escape key sequences (like for the fraction
> bar and exponentiate palette key?)
If you open the CompleteCharacters.nb palette and select a character you will
see the short and long form in the StatusArea.
For the complete list of short-cuts, have a look at UniCodeCharacters.tr.
Among the more interesting examples you'll see things like \[KlingonA].
Paul Abbott Phone: +61-8-9380-2734
Department of Physics Fax: +61-8-9380-1014
The University of Western Australia
Nedlands WA 6907 mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au
God IS a weakly left-handed dice player
Prev by Date:
Re: Urgent Help needed
Next by Date:
Re: Partitioning lists
Previous by thread:
RE: entering stuff using escape
Next by thread: