Element extraction

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg19579] Element extraction
  • From: Mark Lawrence Storch <mscc+ at>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 01:34:20 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

    I am having a bit of trouble trying to extract elements out of
nested lists.  I have an X x Y array where each element of the array is
a 3x3 matrix.  I am trying to make density plots of each component.  For
example, I would like to plot the 1,1 components of each element of the
larger array.  I have tried the following:

where I am trying to get the a,b component

This does not work, and I am not seeing exactly why not.  I am hoping
someone can point out my error or suggest a way to extract the lists I

Thank you,
Mark Storch
Carnegie Mellon University
Department of Materials Science