Re: in center of a triangle

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg19609] Re: in center of a triangle
  • From: Dr Phillip Kent <p.kent at>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 21:09:15 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Tom De Vries wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has seen or has written a Mathematica  procedure to
> generate the incenter of a triangle given the vertices of the triangle.

There is this, and a lot more ideas for coordinate geometry,
in "Mathematica Graphics" by Tom Wickham-Jones (Springer 1994).
Incidentally, this is one of the best Mathematica books *ever*.

The code (called "ExtendGraphics") is available for free
on MathSource (

 Dr Phillip Kent                  | tel +44 (0)171 594 8503
 Mathematics Dept (METRIC Project)| fax +44 (0)171 594 8517
 Imperial College                 | p.kent at
 London SW7 2BZ, U.K.             |
 "We would like to have a theory of the obvious"-Andrea diSessa