Re: in center of a triangle

Tom De Vries wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has seen or has written a Mathematica  procedure to
> generate the incenter of a triangle given the vertices of the triangle.

There is this, and a lot more ideas for coordinate geometry,
in "Mathematica Graphics" by Tom Wickham-Jones (Springer 1994).
Incidentally, this is one of the best Mathematica books *ever*.

The code (called "ExtendGraphics") is available for free
on MathSource (www.mathsource.com).

-Phillip

 Dr Phillip Kent                  | tel +44 (0)171 594 8503
 Mathematics Dept (METRIC Project)| fax +44 (0)171 594 8517
 Imperial College                 | p.kent at ic.ac.uk
 London SW7 2BZ, U.K.             | http://metric.ma.ic.ac.uk/
 "We would like to have a theory of the obvious"-Andrea diSessa