Finding a relative prime
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19682] Finding a relative prime
- From: Timur Tabi <nospam_timur at tabi.org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 02:19:50 -0400
- Organization: Deja.com - Share what you know. Learn what you don't.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm using Mathematica 3.0 for the Mac, and I'm trying to figure out how
to get it to pick a random number that is relatively prime to another
number, p-1, where p is prime. In other words, pick a random number k
such that 1) k is between 2 and p-1, and 2) k is relatively prime to p-1.
How can I do that in Mathematica 3.0?
Remove "nospam_" from my email address when replying
Timur "too sexy for my code" Tabi, timur at tabi.org
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.
Prev by Date:
compressed list output
Next by Date:
Re: strict inequalities
Previous by thread:
Re: compressed list output
Next by thread:
RE: Finding a relative prime