- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19707] InputForm Query
- From: Brian Higgins <bghiggins at ucdavis.edu>
- Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 16:36:09 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am using MathScript to post expression evaluated by the kernel into web pages. When the expressions are algebraically complex, I wrap the output from the kernel with InputForm. For example(a simple case), In:=InputForm[1 + 7/13.*x^2] Out//InputForm= 1 + 0.5384615384615385*x^2 The question for the Mathgroup is whether there is a simple way to automatically truncate the numeric number(s) in the expression so that all numerical quantities are displayed with a specified number of digits. When the output from the kernel is purely numerical, then it is a simple matter to use NumberForm. Thanks much, Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Share what you know. Learn what you don't.