Special 3D Plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19763] Special 3D Plots
  • From: Lindsay Magnus <l.magnus at ru.ac.za>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 03:53:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I need some advice to try and create a special plot.  I want to give
mathematica a data file that contains 3D data.  In this I mean that
every datum point has three values associated with it. (x,y and z for
example). I want to plot a graph where the x-axis is given by the x
value, the y-axis is given by the y value and the color of the block at
co-ordinates (x,y) is given by the z value.

thanx for the time
lins