Excel numerical import
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19825] Excel numerical import
- From: PBenav3253 at aol.com
- Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:37:03 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
To the person interested in importing data from Excel to Mathematica, the
clipboard will work easily.
With a column of n numbers in Excel, Insert a column of n-1 commas to the
right. The Excel reads each row as a record top to bottom of file. Copy Paste
both columns to notepad for pure text. In this step or the next, insert
braces front and end of the file. Copy then Paste and Discard to Mathematica.
Partition or Flatten at will.
It works very nicely. enjoy!
Prev by Date:
Re: Re: Langford's Problem (yet another improvement!)
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Subject: Re: RE: Finding a relative prime
Next by thread: