please help with plot

I have a data file that consist of 2 columns.  I wish to treat the first
column as my x-cordinate and the second as my y cordinate.  I have about 200
data points.  How can I get mathematica to read this data and plot the
points.  I have tried the ReadList command, but it reads the numbers
sequentially instead of as an ordered pair.  I have mathematica 3.0.

Thanks

Mark G