Re: Where's the Speed?

<< See Rob Knapp's recent post for details >>

Rob has shown that, indeed, Mathematica does (or can) run a lot faster for
my problem, and I would would like to thank him for taking the time to show
me some of the features that make this possible.  A suggestion:

It would be helpful if things that make Mathematica run faster could be put into
some sort of tutorial on numerical speedups.

I know Mathematica reasonably well, but can't dig in places that I don't know exist
to figure out how to make the code run faster.  I am relatively lazy as
well, and may have missed references to some of these things ;).

Rob, thanks again.

Kevin