Re: Where's the Speed?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19882] Re: Where's the Speed?
- From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kevinmccann at Home.com>
- Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 18:47:33 -0400
- Organization: @Home Network
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
<< See Rob Knapp's recent post for details >> Rob has shown that, indeed, Mathematica does (or can) run a lot faster for my problem, and I would would like to thank him for taking the time to show me some of the features that make this possible. A suggestion: It would be helpful if things that make Mathematica run faster could be put into some sort of tutorial on numerical speedups. I know Mathematica reasonably well, but can't dig in places that I don't know exist to figure out how to make the code run faster. I am relatively lazy as well, and may have missed references to some of these things ;). Rob, thanks again. Kevin