NotebookPrint versus File->Print

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19997] NotebookPrint versus File->Print
  • From: Henrik Weimer <henrik at rice.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 02:40:33 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

I have a very curious printing problem. Cells of one particular style
print differently when I use the menu option "File->Print..." as
compared to running a NotebookPrint[].

The cell style is called "Itemize" which is pretty much a straight
derivation from the "Text" style in the system stylesheet Default.nb.
The only difference are a wider left margin and a cell dingbat (a small
filled circle). For reference, the style defs are enclosed at then end
of this message.

Printed with NotebookPrint[] those cells print just an inch or so wide.
Printed from the menu "File->Print..." the cells span the full page
width, as I would like. Anybody knows what could be causing this
difference? Even better, how to fix this so I can print automatically?

Thanks alot!!!

      Henrik Weimer

Cell[StyleData["Itemize"],
  CellDingbat->"\[FilledSmallCircle]",
  CellMargins->{{36, 10}, {5, 5}},
  TextJustification->1,
  Hyphenation->True,
  HyphenationOptions->{"HyphenationCharacter"->"\[Hyphen]"},
  LineSpacing->{1, 3},
  ParagraphSpacing->{0, 12},
  CounterIncrements->"Text",
  FontFamily->"Times"]

Cell[StyleData["Itemize", "Presentation"],
  CellDingbat->"\[FilledSmallCircle]",
  CellMargins->{{36, 10}, {8, 8}},
  TextJustification->1,
  HyphenationOptions->{"HyphenationCharacter"->"\[Hyphen]"},
  LineSpacing->{1, 5},
  ParagraphSpacing->{0, 12}]

Cell[StyleData["Itemize", "Condensed"],
  CellDingbat->"\[FilledSmallCircle]",
  CellMargins->{{36, 10}, {4, 4}},
  TextJustification->1,
  HyphenationOptions->{"HyphenationCharacter"->"\[Hyphen]"},
  LineSpacing->{1, 1},
  ParagraphSpacing->{0, 4}]

Cell[StyleData["Itemize", "Printout"],
  CellDingbat->"\[FilledSmallCircle]",
  CellMargins->{{36, 0}, {4, 4}},
  TextJustification->1,
  HyphenationOptions->{"HyphenationCharacter"->"\[Hyphen]"},
  ParagraphSpacing->{0, 6}]