NotebookFind Furthermore

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22857] NotebookFind Furthermore
  • From: James Fuite and Tania Nordli <jfuite at UAlberta.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 02:51:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Advanced Mathematica Users,

    I am posting the following question once more because I never
received an answer of explanation or refutation the first time it was
posted on 22 Mar 2000.

    Is it possible to simultaneously select all the cells that have at
least one of a list of cell tags?  That is, can cells with one or more
different cell tags be selected at the same time?

                    Sincerely,
                    James J. Fuite.

P.S. - If you are interested, the original posting contained the
following paragraph:

    A useful command to execute a sequence of cells from a button is
NotebookFind[nb,"pathname",All,CellTags].  A user directed program I am
writing leads to a structure whereby many different routes lead to a
central cell.  The result is, that my central cell has as many cell tags

as there are ways leading to it.  A solution to my problem would be had
if NotebookFind was able to simultaneously select cells that have
different cell tags, such as,
NotebookFind[nb,{pathname,centralcell},All,CellTags], then the correct
path plus the central cell would be selected, but, of course,
NotebookFind does not recognize a list of strings as data.  Is there a
way to use NotebookFind or other means to concomitantly select all the
cells that have at least one of a list of cell tags?