MathGroup Archive 2000

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Trying to define: Fractional Derivatives & Leibniz' display form for output and templates

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22885] Re: Trying to define: Fractional Derivatives & Leibniz' display form for output and templates
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 01:25:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • References: <8bhvta$noq@smc.vnet.net> <8c879v$736@smc.vnet.net> <8c95lt$8md@smc.vnet.net>
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks for your help (it will be supplemented to a school project  (using
Mathematica computing usage on Monday next week...I'll tell you how my presentation
goes) which talks about extending combinatorial and integer only
domained/codomained/ranged functions (and other functions which will then depend on
those functions) in such a way that we might be able to make them 'more'
continuous....I didn't want to really do the 1/3 derivative of sine and then its
2/3 deriv of that and vice versa and then both show that they reduced to cosine
after comparing the power series terms ;^)

Anyways, I'll give this one a shot, and try to see how well this function acts for
daily usage in a differentiation environment (I think I'll probably really take to
thisreference to this style of inputting D and Integrate, even in the far future :)
and try to report back if/when I run in to difficulties.

Does anyone have other favourite styles? I'm listening. And thanks to all for
taking a bit of time to reply.... (and not just for doing a small bit of my HW; I
really do suck at trying to optimize code...aaarggghhh..). I also hope this will be
of usage to others....

• Prev by Date: Re: Programming question: Iterative solution
  • Next by Date: Re: AmatureQ: clipping graphics? Small .nb attached
  • Previous by thread: Re: Trying to define: Fractional Derivatives & Leibniz' display form for output and templates
  • Next by thread: Re: Trying to define: Fractional Derivatives & Leibniz' display form for output and templates