Problems with InitializationCell

After using Mathematica 3.0 a couple of years without problem I just began
with M 4.0 and I've got the following problem: When I try to plot a curve or
a surface I get the answer:

In[1]:= ParametricPlot3D[ etc ]

Display::initstate: Display cannot be used during initialization.

- Graphics3D -

Out[1]:= Display[stdout, -Graphics3D -]

And the same for Plot. That's entirely independent of the situation of the
cell in the notebook.

If I check OptionInspector > CellOptions > EvaluationOption
>InitializationCell the result it's False

Can anyone help?

Regards

Joako