- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23045] join/problem
- From: "David Braunholtz" <D.A.BRAUNHOLTZ at bham.ac.uk>
- Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 02:43:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The University of Birmingham
- Reply-to: D.A.Braunholtz at bham.ac.uk
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I would like to join the mathgroup list, please. The list was kind
enough to solve a problem I had recently.
I also have another urgent, and probably trivial (once you know how)
I have an equation
I find the solution xm=x->g[y] which maximises f[x,y] for any y
I now want to define this 'maximised' function of y only fy[y]
but this doesn't seem to recognise that I want the y s from xm to
'match' the y_ on the LHS.
I'm also unclear as to whether I want := or = in the above line.
Thanks in anticipation
Department of Public Health & Epidemiology
Public Health Building
University of Birmingham
Birmingham B15 2TT
E-Mail: D.A.Braunholtz at bham.ac.uk
Prev by Date:
Re: 3 credit online university course - Intro to Mathematica
Next by Date:
Re: Speeding up Inverting matrices.
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: