MathML Conference--Call for Papers
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23083] MathML Conference--Call for Papers
- From: Wolfram Research <mathmlconference at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 03:00:40 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
MathML Kickoff Conference
"MathML and Math on the Web"
October 20-21, 2000
CALL FOR PAPERS
On your beta tester survey for Publicon, you expressed an
interest in MathML. I thought you might like to know that the
first-ever MathML conference will be held October 20-21, 2000, on
the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It
is the aim of this conference to bring together those interested
or involved in the future of math on the web.
The conference will provide a forum for presenting and discussing
current research and applications in which the major emphasis is
on MathML and technologies for mathematics on the web. Those
wishing to make a presentation at the conference should submit
papers presenting original research on, a vision for, or
experience with math on the web.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Authoring or displaying MathML
- Nonvisual renderers of MathML
- Applications that use MathML for import or export or as an archival format
- Converters to and from MathML
- Business-to-business applications that use MathML
- Case studies of MathML usage
- MathML in education
- Extending MathML
- MathML and related standards
- Mathematical computation on the web
- Categorizing, indexing, or searching mathematics
- Fonts for mathematical characters
Authors are requested to submit abstracts of their proposed talks
by email to submissions at mathmlconference.org. The deadline for
submission of abstracts is June 2, 2000. Notification of
acceptances will be sent out on or before June 23, 2000.
Additional conference details and submission guidelines are
available on the MathML conference web site at
http://www.mathmlconference.org. Please send general inquiries
about the conference to info at mathmlconference.org.
MathML Conference Co-chair and Mathematica Developer
Wolfram Research, Inc.
mathmlconference at wolfram.com
Prev by Date:
Re: Re: 3 credit online university course - Intro to Mathematica
Next by Date:
problem with Integrate
Previous by thread:
RE: Chop? Programming Challenge!!
Next by thread:
problem with Integrate